Sunday, March 22, 2009

So, uh...

It's been a year since my father died.

A year since I lost probably the most influencial person in my life.

What bothers me is that I remember almost every second from getting home, up until the EMTs got there. After that it's splotchy.

I really wish that I could get it out of my head.

It feels like it was yesterday.

Don't worry about me though.

I know that God wanted it to happen that way, so it did.

It was supposed to.

You know, if he hadn't of died, we would be in some pretty serious financial trouble, I'm sure.

Today was fun though. Spent it mostly with my oldest brother flying...rather, trying to fly a kite.

For a while we had the plane put together wrong, but once we got it figured out, I had it flying for like 30 seconds or so...

Then it got stuck in a tree, so of course I decided to climb the tree to retrieve it...

2 and 1/2 hours, and a bunch of thorn cuts later, I have my kite.

I mean, come on it's a tri-plane kite, I'm not losing it to some crack pot tree.

Man, I miss you a lot.

Fun times, my brothers are just like me, so you can imagine what happens.

Like for serious.

A bunch.

[I'm talking about Brooke, not my father (missing him is kind of implied)]

(Like those double parenthesis?)

I should go to sleep, but video games sound way more fun.

:P

2 comments:

The Goddess said...

I remember that day, Carrie called me and I remember it so well. It's kinda weird how emotions impact memories.

3 of you sounds really funny not going to lie. Anytime that happens it should be video taped.

Thorn trees are intense suckers. At least the movie was HILLARIOUS!! This is a really long comment tehehee.

...Scariest Places on Earth... (to be said in the creepy voice)

Anthony L. Williams said...

I told you to put the tail on, but no nobody listens to me!