Friday, August 28, 2009

First Week...so...

It started out just fine...then it got complicated...then it got worked out...now it's settling.

So I got here and got everything sort of set up, then I waited through the weekend for classes to start.

Woo fun, right?...no.

Boring.

Then once classes started it was alright, all little easier than I expected...then tuesday came and I had a poop ton of work to do.

I found out my audition results and was extremely surprised to find myself in the top band, yay me. That is a cool thing to find out, but there is another set of auditions at semester so I might lose it...that would be sad.

Anywho, with those results I find out on Wednesday that everything is screwed up.

I have to be in two places at once according to my schedule.

After much asking around and wondering what was going to happen, I finally end up talking to a conservatory person who was (thank goodness) able to help me.

Well, now I have an online course and everything is cruising.

I had my first lesson with Mrs. Campbell, who is by the way amazing, and I got a bunch of stuff to practice, which is good and bad, because I've never had to work this hard.

So when I want to be lazy I can't and when I go to practice, I actually have stuff to do.

So yay.

Well, I wish I could come back...for one reason...maybe two...but stupid honors program has a stupid orientation thing from 9-3 on saturday so guess where I'll be...

yea.

Well, I don't know what I'm gonna do now, go practice in a while, that's for sure...but who knows what I'll do in between those times?

I don't.

Hope the rest of you all in college, whether away or not, are having fun...or at least not dying.

There is no place I could be but...

siiiiiigh.

:P

No comments: