Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Really?

What the heck...how am I supposed to contribute to society? I want to play the french horn. Whoop-di-doo. What kinda of effect is that supposed to have on people?

Then I realized...

Music has all kinds of effects on people. Whether it be to change mood, for the good or worse. Whether to be tired, or energetic. Whether to fall in love, or out of it. Whether to make you think, or not. There are all different types of music.

Some more musical than others. Who are we to judge what people like?

Oh, that's right...we're people. It doesn't really matter if we have the right to or not, we'll do what we want no matter the consequenses. However, that's neither here nor there. Well, actually it's there cause HERE I'm talking about music, not humanity.

Music is indeed magical. I find that I get lost in music, deep rich chords, or the simple lone man singing. Both have humongous reporcussions, they show us what is true. Often times it seems that when we can't say things in simple words we can put them into music and only then is our true meaning intrepretted to its fullest.

I ramble on quite effectively.

I mean seriously if I was a music writer my songs would be longer than most Coldplay stuff.

So is what I want to accomplish going to be an empty act? I don't think so, I believe that if I'm able to become good enough I won't ever have to speak again. I will only have to play what I feel and all my meanings will come true.

How I hope that works, cause I'm a really horrible speaker. Besides, who really needs words anyway?

N

No comments: